TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER
Woking, United Kingdom
The Acoustic Data team is expanding, and we are looking for a highly experienced and proven Technical Sales Engineer to support our existing clients and to generate new clients for our products and services worldwide. You will be based at our Woking facility and working as part of an innovative team primarily marketing our downhole SonicGauge™ Wireless Monitoring System and Barracuda™ High Expansion Gauge Hanger.
Due to the diversity of our client base and the nature of the oil and gas market, the successful candidate will enjoy working independently to produce ‘out of the box’ solutions and proposals, and will require strong negotiating skills to drive revenue generation. This is a fantastic opportunity for a results-driven person to join Acoustic Data during a time of rapid growth.
- Responsible for developing repeat business with existing clients and generating new clients to build sales revenue.
- Accountable for delivering positive commercial results and continuous improvements in margin performance in major accounts.
- Drive the introduction of new technologies through pilot programs, follow-up and client acceptance.
- Create a targeted and actionable opportunity pipeline with specific client sales plans and project deployment plan.
- Responsible for developing specific client application value propositions through technical proposal preparation, sales presentations, tender submissions, networking, and leveraging existing relationships within the industry.
- Monitors market expectations, requirements, trends, and contributes to collecting market input relevant to our technologies.
- To keep up to date on competitor strategies, services and technology, and communicate this information through appropriate channels. This includes obtaining information related to pricing, product performance, marketing material, activities, and new technology developments/features.
- Submit technical abstracts and articles to industry publications in order to promote the company and its technologies.
- At a minimum, 3+ years of proven sales and account management experience with 2+ years of operational experience with a major oilfield service company.
- Technical understanding of well intervention and workover operations.
- Strong negotiating skills and successful selling experience.
- Ability to build strong relationships and to close deals.
- Commercially astute with fundamental knowledge of contract language.
- Must be able to prepare bids and develop/advise on pricing strategies.
- Strong management skills with the ability to exercise initiative to resolve potential and actual problems.
- Excellent written and communication skills (English).
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Computer literate with professional proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to travel at short notice, work extended and irregular work hours, adapt to frequently changing timelines and schedules, and most importantly, go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Multilingual; specifically, English plus Arabic, French or Spanish.
- Operational experience with wireline or slickline.
- Regional sales/project experience in Europe, MENA or Asia.
- Experience with wireless telemetry systems or downhole monitoring systems.
- Competitive annual salary.
- Performance-based annual bonus.
- Relocation assistance (dependent on current location).
In the case that you have a problem uploading your application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the requested information including your Cover Letter and CV.
Acoustic Data does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or CVs from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. The submission of referrals or CVs by anyone other than a candidate directly to Acoustic Data employees is strictly prohibited. Unsolicited referrals and CVs sent to Acoustic Data are deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us from a source other than a candidate is hired.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, CVs will be accepted from approved vendors who have written agreements in place with Acoustic Data, and then only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position and, if required by such agreement, the submission of CVs by the vendor has been authorised in writing by Acoustic Data for such specified position. Any CV submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of Acoustic Data and no fee shall be due.