- The industry’s least flow restrictive high expansion gauge hanger (1.3” body OD)
- Retrofit deployment method for the SonicGauge™ Wireless Monitoring System
- Short tool length (59cm to 82cm) designed for restricted height deployments
- High load-carrying capacity from 2,000kg (4,400 lbs) to 4,000kg (8,800 lb)
Our patented Barracuda™ HEX-Hanger™ is a high expansion gauge hanger that can be installed anywhere in tubing or casing allowing operators to securely anchor acoustic telemetry gauges, memory gauges, fluid samplers, and other downhole devices. The Barracuda™ was developed as a slickline retrofit deployment option for our SonicGauge™ Wireless Monitoring System in wells with no gauges or with a failed permanent downhole cabled gauge (PDHG).
The HEX-Hanger™ models service 2-3/8″ to 13-3/8″ tubing/casing sizes and are set by our Barracuda™ Electro-SET™, an electro-mechanical rechargeable battery-powered setting tool. The tools are deployed via conventional slickline or e-line methods. The technology’s slimline 1.3” body OD offers significantly less flow restriction than our competitor’s technologies. The unique setting mechanism dislodges scales during the setting process and ensures slips are effectively engaged with the tubing wall. A force retention system ensures that the tool’s gripping force is maintained even with significantly changing well conditions. Our unique gripper design can withstand loads of 2,000kg (4,400lbs) to 4,000kg (8,800lbs) in either direction.
The name 'Barracuda' lends itself perfectly to the product line’s speed, strength and grip features, and most notably the compact size of each technology.
- The Electro-SET-HEX-Hanger toolstring is run-in-hole via slickline to depth.
- An onboard-timer activates the Electro-SET, expanding the HEX-Hanger grippers onto the tubing/casing wall via a soft-set pre-compression mechanism which provides high force distribution and engagement.
- The Electro-SET is disengaged from the installed HEX-Hanger via a shear-pin mechanism.
- The Electro-SET is then pulled-out-of-hole and the onboard setting log is downloaded to confirm successful installation.
|Gauge Hanger Type||Radially Set via Electro-SET|
|Holding Capacity||>2,000kg (4,400lbs)|
|Material||Super Duplex | Inconel|
|External Diameter||33.4mm (1.31”)|
|Length||650 – 950mm (25.6 – 37.4")|
|Weight||4kg (Hand Carry)|
|Pressure Rating (Setting Tool)||10,000psi|
|Temperature Rating (Setting Tool)||125°C (257°F) | 150°C (302°F)|
|Fishing Head||1” (Jar up to retrieve)|
|Tubing/Casing Size||2-3/8" – 13-3/8"|
|Flow Restriction: HEX-GH-S||2-3/8”: 52% | 2-7/8”: 40% | 3-1/2”: 31%|
|Flow Restriction: HEX-GH-M||4-1/2": 24% | 5-1/2”: 20% | 7": 15%|
CONTACT USHave a question or want to book a demo?
Our team of experts are on hand to help.