Woking, United Kingdom
The Acoustic Data team is expanding, and we are looking for motivated and resourceful Field Engineers to support the growing demand for our products and services worldwide. You will be based at our Woking facility and working as part of an innovative team primarily deploying the company’s downhole SonicGauge™ Wireless Monitoring System and Barracuda™ HEX-Hanger™.
Due to the diversity of our client base and the nature of the oil and gas market, the successful candidates will enjoy working independently in remote locations which requires a can-do mentality. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right people to join Acoustic Data and develop themselves professionally during a time of rapid growth.
- Provide technical support to clients at base and wellsite.
- Supervise the load out and preparation of all equipment needed for wellsite operations.
- Install downhole acquisition systems (onshore and offshore).
- Document field operations and prepare reports for post-installation review.
- According to detailed specifications, take apart and put together high-precision equipment.
- Ensure the highest standards of performance and the effective use of resources.
- Support the Technology Team in the development and evaluation of new technologies.
- Ability to work in the United Kingdom and the European Union.
- Bachelor of Engineering or STEM equivalent (Min. 2:1) or relevant industry experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience with a major industry service company or services type environment.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Excellent written and communication skills (English).
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Computer literate with professional proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to; use hand and power tools, travel to remote locations at short notice, work extended and irregular work hours, work individually as well as in a team environment, adapt to frequently changing timelines and schedules, and most importantly, go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Multilingual; specifically, English plus Arabic, French or Spanish.
- Operational experience with wireline or slickline.
- Experience with wireless telemetry systems or downhole monitoring systems.
In the case that you have a problem uploading your application, please send an email to email@example.com with the requested information including your Cover Letter and CV.
Acoustic Data does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or CVs from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. The submission of referrals or CVs by anyone other than a candidate directly to Acoustic Data employees is strictly prohibited. Unsolicited referrals and CVs sent to Acoustic Data are deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us from a source other than a candidate is hired.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, CVs will be accepted from approved vendors who have written agreements in place with Acoustic Data, and then only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position and, if required by such agreement, the submission of CVs by the vendor has been authorised in writing by Acoustic Data for such specified position. Any CV submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of Acoustic Data and no fee shall be due.