PLUG VERIFICATION SYSTEM
- 140+ years of accumulated downhole monitoring time globally (250+ installations)
- Can provide surface-read-out (SRO) of downhole data without intervention
- Deployed on the bottom of plug/barrier with no additional rig time
- Fully wireless: no wellhead penetrations, downhole cables, or connectors required
The SonicGauge™ Plug Verification System (SG-PVS) is a next-generation duplex acoustic telemetry system that measures and wirelessly transmits wellbore pressure to surface in real-time in order to verify the integrity of a downhole barrier. When conducting well-plugging operations, the long-term pressure integrity of the barrier is critical. Typically, the barrier is inflow tested from below or pressure is applied from above to ensure the plug is holding pressure. However, these tests are carried out shortly after the plug is deployed, and as such, do not offer ongoing assurance of barrier integrity.
The SonicGauge PVS can be deployed in conjunction with mechanical plugs or metal barriers to monitor both the initial pressure test as well as providing ongoing pressure measurement to confirm continued well isolation for up to 8 years.
- Continuous Mechanical Barrier Verification Monitoring
- Long-Term Well Suspension Monitoring
- Pre-Abandonment Well Plugging Integrity Monitoring
- Temporary Zonal Isolation Monitoring
- Shallow or Deep-Set Monitoring
The SonicGauge™ Plug Verification System (SG-PVS) has been integrated with the Weatherford Retrievable Bridge Plug (RBP). Verification is achieved by the SonicGauge located below the plug acquiring and transmitting pressure data to a SonicReceiver located within the Junk Catcher assembly above the plug. The SonicReceiver logs the SonicGauge data to onboard memory as well as its own data from above the plug. This data is then transmitted uphole via a SonicRepeater network for real-time surface read out (SRO).
The downhole data can be periodically downloaded upon retrieval of the Junk Catcher and SonicReceiver to surface. Additionally, the SonicSonde™ can be integrated into the WFT-RBP Setting Tool to gather data from the SonicGauge and SonicReceiver during setting and testing operations
- A SonicGauge is attached to a shock absorber on the bottom of the Weatherford Retrievable Bridge Plug (WFT-RBP).
- A SonicReceiver which receives data from the SonicGauge is embedded in the Weatherford Junk Catcher (WFT-JC) above the WFT-RBP.
- The SonicGauge measures pressure below the plug and transmits it across the plug to the SonicReceiver which saves the data to onboard memory. This data is then transmitted uphole via a SonicRepeater network for real-time surface read out (SRO).
- If full wellbore access must be retained, the WFT-JC is retrieved to surface on slickline at intervals to download the pressure data from under the plug from the SonicReceiver.
|SONICGAUGE™ PLUG VERIFICATION SYSTEM|
|Real-Time Surface Read Out (SRO)||Yes|
|Real-Time Data Transmission Speed||30 Seconds (Max.)|
|Communication Type||Duplex via SonicSync™ (Two Way)|
|Transmission Distance||Unlimited with SonicRepeater Stations|
|Downhole Sensor||Piezo | Quartz|
|Multi-Sensor Configuration||Above & Below Barrier|
|Temperature Rating (Max.)||125°C (257°F) | 150°C (302°F)|
|Pressure Rating Options (Max.)||5,000 | 10,000 | 15,000psi|
|Length||1,300 – 1,800mm (51.2 – 70.9")|
|Material||Super Duplex | Inconel|
|Battery Life||Up to 8 Years|
CONTACT USHave a question or want to book a demo?
Our team of experts are on hand to help.