Acoustic Telemetry System
- Industry-leading acoustic technology for long term reservoir monitoring
- Robust and reliable world leader in cost effective retrofit applications
- Hand carried, pre-programmed, and pre-mounted – using no incremental rig time
- No wellhead penetrations, cranes, cables or connectors required
- No specialized software needed to view data – .CSV file export
- Re-run gauge packages in several wells with minimal cost during your lease period
The AD250 Wireless System is the next generation acoustic telemetry system that measures wellbore pressure, temperature, and vibration in real-time, a mandatory requirement for good reservoir management in oil & gas wells, and for monitoring artificial lift systems. The AD250 Command+Control self-tuning duplex communication technology can also be used for remote activation and control of third-party downhole tools such as electronic TCP firing heads, downhole valves, fluid samplers, and sliding sleeves.
Our AD250 Wireless Downhole Gauge System packages are ideal for drill stem testing (DST), well testing, artificial lift, free-flow, and observation wells to unlimited depth. The wireless gauges and repeaters can be run on the tubing or retrofitted via slickline with our proprietary Barracuda HEX Gauge Hanger. Both gauges and repeaters have onboard sensors that enable the technology to monitor multiple zones and report local P&T data for flowing gradients. The technology requires no cables, no wellhead penetrations, and no cranes or trucks as the entire system can be hand carried to well site. Installation can be carried out offline requiring no rig time, and no additional third party tools such as spoolers.
HOW IT WORKS
- Wellbore pressure is measured several times a day by an industry standard pressure transducer.
- The measurement is converted into encoded acoustic data and wirelessly sent to surface as a vibration inside the wall of the steel tubing.
- At the wellhead the encoded acoustic data is picked up by an accelerometer magnetically attached to the tubing hanger flange, and sent to the decoder.
- The decoder extracts the pressure and temperature data, time stamps and writes P&T record to memory.
- You can read and scroll through data directly on the LED screen, download data from the SD memory card, or the decoder can be connected to LAN by Ethernet port, or via SCADA or by 3G, WIFI and Satellite via Modbus (RS485).
GAS LIFT & JET PUMPS
Monitor and tune gaslift and jet pumps in real time
DST & WELL TESTING
Monitor real time DST, well test flow, and pressure build-up (PBU) data
Monitor multiple zones between packers without cables
RETROFIT VIA SLICKLINE HANGER
Replace failed cabled PDHG and memory gauges with a real-time AD250 Wireless
OBSERVE PRESSURE TRENDS
Observe aquifer, gas storage or EOR pressure trends in real time
SUBSEA WELLHEAD MONITORING
Monitor pressure under wellheads without barrier penetration
HIGH CO2 OR H2S (SOUR WELLS)
Our AD250 is perfectly suited for a high CO2/H2S corrosive wellbore environment
ONSHORE & OFFSHORE
Suitable for jackups, platforms with tie-backs, and sub-sea completions
Instrument sandscreens to monitor production and injection trends and plugging
|WIRELESS DOWNHOLE PRESSURE GAUGE|
|Transmission Frequency||As fast as 45 seconds|
|Data Stored to Memory||Every second|
|Pressure Sensor Brand||Keller|
|Temperature Rating||-20 to 125°C|
|Housing Material||Super Duplex (UNS S32760) or Inconel|
|Pressure Accuracy||<0.05% Full Scale (Calibrated 0 to 125°C)|
|Temp Accuracy||+/- 0.5°C|
|Gauge Stability||0.02% FSD/year|
|Data Sets Stored||>250,000|
|Battery||Up to 7 years|
|Battery Type||2x Double-C Cell Lithium Sulfuryl Chloride|
AD250 vs Echo-Meter Shots
The above graph compares the actual wellbore pressure with the ‘scattered’ wellbore pressures estimated by echo-meter shots.
PBU & Derivative Plot
After dewatering, the client was able to routinely perform and monitor wellbore pressure buildups in real-time.
Gauges and repeaters were fixed to 2-7/8″ tubing by our bespoke clamps, each gauge and repeater taking about 4 minutes to mount. No loss in rig time was experienced as these were preinstalled on tubing, activated ahead of time, and picked up in order as the tubing was run in hole.
CASE STUDY 5
|Installation Time||As little as 4 minutes per gauge|
|Gauges Per Well||Up to 15 with a single receiver unit|
|Programming Options||• Short Term Well-Testing|
• Reservoir Monitoring
• PBU Surveys
• Pump-Off Control